Donations

17 December, 2011

Cayton Bay

It may not be a glamorous holiday, or an expensive one but it is the only place in this world that I feel the very essence of 'holiday' . In  every gain of sand that surrounds me I am able to escape and feel the the tiny grains of memories form a beach of comfort and calm that help me to stop, and become part of the past and the present.

Cayton Bay may not be exciting, but to me it will always be so much more than that. ThisThis is where I spent my childhood escapes from the classroom, and this is where I learned to swim. Down on the beach, my five year old self  could fill the wellies of my friends with sands, seawater and a puzzled crab. After which I would stand, the sun in my eyes and look down at a job well done. I would watch and notice how the sand becomes slowly darker in the in sole of the shoe... the now empty red bucket becoming lighter.
 Holding the crab as it tiny pin pricked feet scuttle slightly as I lower it atop the full welly. To be the smell of the sea is always link to the frill of mischief. 
How the waves around me continue to crash and froth around the rocks as the tide starts to go out. The warm sun begins to fall, feeling my body start to grow tired after a long day of castle architecture. Two Border collies running on the sand, leaving washed away paw prints, one of them was my dog. World War two bunkers filled with sea water, looking like concrete bread boxes.


Thank you for reading. Please show your support by clicking like, commenting and following.

All images were found on 'Google Images' and I do not own them.
Please check out my e-books on amazon kindle.
All works Copyright Kate Ruston 2014

Like us on Facebook

My e-Books

The Blind Kings Sons (£0.99)

Harry Potter and the Gothic Genre (£0.99)

My art @ Deviant Art

No comments:

Post a Comment